Blueberry & Croissant Breakfast Puff is my new favorite breakfast food!
I love breakfast, I love going out for breakfast – however, since finding this Blueberry & Croissant Breakfast Puff recipe I may never eat out for breakfast again!
I made this for a brunch with family and friends over the holidays! It was a HUGE success.
I was a little taken back by the cream cheese addition – but it absolutely makes the dish. It cuts the sweetness, adds a creaminess without dominating the palate.
The blueberries are the perfect fruit for this dish as they swell with cooking and then release all their juices and flavor in each bite.
I dislike bread pudding and equally ‘soggy’ foods – so I was slightly concerned that this would turn into one of those dishes………it didn’t! The croissant pieces on top stay flaky and buttery while the underneath becomes creamy, gooey and delicious!
Blueberry & Croissant Breakfast Puff is a firm favorite with Captain America & I and will be staying on our breakfast menu for a while to come.
If you are hosting a brunch with friends or family, or just want to try out a new breakfast recipe with your family then this is a must! Try it this weekend!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place croissant pieces in a 9 x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with blueberries.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer until well blended. Gradually add milk, beating well after each addition.
- Pour evenly over croissant pieces. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until set in center and golden brown. You may want to cover it with foil for the last 10 minutes if the tops are getting too browned.