I HATE CLEANING!
There I said it!
If there is one thing in the world I would like to never have to do again – it’s clean.
Captain America knows when it’s cleaning day, because I wake up and moan about it, and then expect a plethora of congratulations and comments about the glory of the cleanliness of our apartment!
That’s right, if you didn’t know this already we live in an apartment…..I don’t even have a huge house to clean….no just a 1,000 sqft apartment…..that’s how much I HATE CLEANING!
I wish we could afford a cleaner, but even then I don’t think I could bring myself to hire a cleaner for such a small space. So instead I put on my big-girl pants and clean….and moan about it, and then don’t want to use or touch anything for at least 24 hours so I can bask in the glory of a clean house!! I am crazy, I know!
So why, oh why am I writing this post about cleaning, I hear you cry?? Well, because I hate cleaning so much, and I know many of you share in my hatred, I thought I would reach out to my blogging friends and ask for their top tips to make cleaning as fast, efficient and painless as possible! In lieu of my own genius solutions for cleaning I turn to some of my favorite sites for advice!
I know there are some strange ones out there who actually enjoy cleaning. To you I say congratulations and I am caught in a state of disbelief and jealousy, disbelief because I find it hard to believe that anyone actually ENJOYS cleaning and jealousy because I actually would like to find some joy in it…..because currently there is non. Just misery!
If you are one of these crazed people who actually enjoys cleaning…what are your top tips for cleaning??
Help rescue me from my misery!
Keep In Touch Via Email – never miss a post:
Here is my Top Cleaning Tips For People Who Hate Cleaning:
1) I hate cleaning but I am a HUGE fan of Real Simple – it’s my ‘go-to’ site/magazine for the best tips out there! They have an excellent article, New Uses for Old Things: Cleaning which gives some amazing new cleaning uses for many products you already have in your house.
2) Martha Stewart gives her Top Cleaning Tips from the past 20 years…..and we all know that Martha knows best!
3) Ashlee at The Crunchy Moose has a whole page of cleaning tips…..with expert advice on how to clean all different things around the house! Check out her page: Crunchy Moose Cleaning Tips
4) Krysta from KrystaSteen.com swears by Shaklee Non-Toxic cleaners! She uses them al around the house, including her laundry….and let’s face it, who doesn’t want to save time with laundry, right?? Read all about the products and how she uses them here: The Ultimate Cleaning Post
5) Make your own Cleaners….there are hundreds of ‘recipes’ out there claiming to be the best homemade cleaners……but some of my bloggy friends gave their own personal recommendations…..so here they are:
Bobbi’s from ApronTalk makes her own Homemade Bleach. She uses it to wipe down counters and clean your tub and toilet with this sanitizing solution.
Here is her recipe:
Get a One gallon jug.
Pour 1 1/2 cups of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide,
1/2 cup of White Vinegar,
10 drops Lemon or Lemongrass Essential Oil into the jug.
Fill the rest of the jug with water.
This makes a wonderful all-natural bleach solution.
7) Susan at SusieQTpiescafe.com gave a great tip – one I had never thought of before as I am more of a ‘set aside a couple of hours and get it all done’ kind of girl! She says “I work great in 15 minute burst. So I set a timer and go at it for 15 minutes. I work quickly and efficiently to get the project done.” What a great idea!
8) My personal favorite tip is from Jodi at KnowGluten! She is my kind of girl….she said her best advice is to hire someone else! Now we’re talking!! Oh if only our budget would allow!!!
What are your Top Cleaning Tips??
To make cleaning a little less painful here are some cleaning discount coupons…..enjoy!
Coupons offered through Escalate Affiliate Network.